Claytor Lake Homes and Land!
Welcome to the top searched site for Claytor Lake homes and land! I strive to give you accurate and honest information that will enable you to make wise decisions when buying or selling on our special lake. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me!
2015 proved to be a very active year for sales on Claytor Lake. There were 17 waterfront home sales and 6 waterfront lot sales. This is the most active year since the recession in 2008! Our office was very blessed to be involved in approximately 60% of the sales with 19 transaction sides! If you desire expertise, honesty and knowledge of the lake, look no further. The prices are very stable and some areas are experiencing some appreciation in value. The inventory is fairly strong with some really good values in the mix. Please keep in mind that I do have several properties that are for sale but are not actively listed. Please give me a call for that inventory list. I look forward to assisting you in your search or in the marketing of your current home on Claytor.
Understanding the lake market at Claytor is critical to saving you time, money, and heartache.
Here are some general guidelines for Housing at Claytor:
1. You may be able to find a small waterfront cabin that would be a fixer upper under $250,000. Although, very few have entered the market in the last few years. We are seeing homes around 350k that are in good shape. The market is improving and buyers are realizing the value of what's out there.
2. Finding a 2000 sqft home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths with waterfront is virtually impossible under $400,000. (most of these homes will be in the mid 400's to well over 500k, and even higher in the 6's, depending on lakefrontage, water improvements, etc.).
3. Over half the homes at Claytor are considered second homes.
4. Friends of Claytor Lake (FOCL) is one of your best resources at Claytor Lake - a link to the left is labeled "FOCL" for your convenience.
5. Land/Lots are hard to come by on this great Lake - if you find a lot, or a piece of land that is large enough for a home, and bungee cords are NOT required to get the lake, then I would suggest some research in a timely manner. When it comes to land, make sure you utilize someone with lake knowledge to assist you with purchasing. Septic systems, sand bars, coves collecting floating debris, and general water depths, are all items which should be high on your list of learning prior to purchasing.
I hope the information above is helpful, always feel free to send an email with your questions, and I will do what I can to assist you. Now, please keep reading below!
Good luck in your search at Claytor Lake! If I can be of further assistance, please let me know!
The data relating to real estate on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity/IDX (Internet Data Exchange) Program of the New River Valley Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Mabry & Cox REALTORS, are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.