Welcome to the top searched site for Claytor Lake homes and land! I strive to give you accurate and honest information that will enable you to make wise decisions when buying or selling on our special lake. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me!
At this time, the inventory does present several good values above $500,000. The $300,000 to $400,000 range seems to be lacking right now. There are several nice properties that are over-priced at this time so maybe those will be reduced in the near future. Please keep in mind that I do have several properties that are for sale but are not actively listed. Please give me a call for that inventory list. I look forward to assisting you in your search or in the marketing of your current home on Claytor.
Understanding the lake market at Claytor is critical to saving you time, money, and heartache.
Here are some general guidelines for Housing at Claytor:
1. You may be able to find a small waterfront cabin that would be a fixer upper under $250,000. Although, very few have entered the market in the last few years. We are seeing homes around 350k that are in good shape. The market is improving and buyers are realizing the value of what's out there.
2. Finding a 2000 sqft home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths with waterfront is virtually impossible under $325,000. (most of these homes will be in the 400's to well over 500k, and even higher in the 6's, depending on lakefrontage, water improvements, etc.).
3. Over half the homes at Claytor are considered second homes.
4. Friends of Claytor Lake (FOCL) is one of your best resources at Claytor Lake - www.focl.org.
5. Land/Lots are hard to come by on this great Lake - if you find a lot, or a piece of land that is large enough for a home, and bungee cords are NOT required to get the lake, then I would suggest some research in a timely manner. When it comes to land, make sure you utilize someone with lake knowledge to assist you with purchasing. Septic systems, sand bars, coves collecting floating debris, and general water depths, are all items which should be high on your list of learning prior to purchasing.
I hope the information above is helpful, always feel free to send an email with your questions, and I will do what I can to assist you. Now, please keep reading below!
You now have the opportunity to receive NEW Claytor Lake listings the moment they come on the market from The Claytor Lake Dream Home Finder! The Technology is FREE, and as always, there is Absolutely No Obligation to purchase.
If you sign up today, you will receive these listings before some real estate agents even know they are on the market! No kidding! Just keep checking your email. Simply click "Contact Me" at the top of this page and fill out the Dream Home Finder information.
Once you sign up, you will begin receiving new listings within minutes of coming on the market. You will receive an email for each listing that is entered by any of the 300+ Realtors in the New River Valley who may list property on Claytor Lake.
Just think no more missing the New Claytor Lake Listings!
Your information will be kept confidential and will not be sold (or given away)!
Good luck in your search at Claytor Lake! If I can be of further assistance, please let me know!
Ed Cox, Principal Broker
Mabry & Cox REALTORS
5323 Newbern Road
Dublin, VA. 24084
Phone: (540) 320-7392